2.2.2 swat and shadow

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Fri Oct 26 04:00:13 GMT 2001

On 20011025 (Thu) at 1015:51 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Greg Louis wrote:

> Check in include/config.h for the string "#define HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT 1"
> Try commenting this line out and recompiling SWAT and see what happens.

That config.h says /* undef HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT */  I tried your
suggestion backwards (defined it) just out of blind curiosity (might be
worth adding config.h dependencies in the Makefiles some day when
nothing more pressing needs attention, BTW ;) and the resulting swat
binary (a) worked with traditional crypt() passwords and (b) failed
with md5 passwords, as before.  So HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT makes no
difference here.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |