dBase-speedproblem

herentrey at mobilsoft.de herentrey at mobilsoft.de
Fri Oct 26 02:39:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have a speed-problem with dBase-files on samba 2.2.1.a. I start the
program to get a statistic about
clients. The program read only from the file "rstamm.dbf". After 40 sec. the
statistic is ready. The program
close the file "rstamm.dbf". Then the program write into the file
"rstamm.dbf" and delete some datasets. After that the thame statistic need
130 sec. to be ready.
I looked with ethereal into the packets. After writing into
the file "rstamm.dbf" there are only one NBSS Continuation Message after
SMBReadBraw
Request WIN98-linux. Befor writing into the file "rstamm.dbf" there are 3
NBSS Continuation Message
So the speed is very slow, bcause every  NBSS Continuation Message get a
Request.
Can you help.

smb.conf
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
 read raw = yes
write raw = yes
dead time = 0
log level = 0