Using ACLs with Samba 2.2.2 on a 2.4.10 Kernel

Manfred Heubach heubach at heubach-edv.de
Fri Oct 26 01:58:02 GMT 2001

Hello out there again!

I have a problem with ACLs: I build Samba 2.2.2 with ACL support. ACLs are
0.7.21 (from acl.bestbits.at) on a 2.4.10 Kernel. ACLs are working fine
within Linux. When I connect to a Samba share from a Windows NT Workstation
or Server, I only see the three standard acls representing world, group and
owner. I have several files with acls for testing but non of this acls is
seen from the remote Windows machine. Adding acls from Windows also doesn't
work (no access).

When building Samba capabiltiy.h made a lot of definition errors. So I
disabled capability.h for building - maybe this is the reason for my
problems - but I have no idea for what capability.h is used :-o

My next step probably will be to use a 2.2.19 Kernel. But before - maybe
somebody know what's going wrong.

Regards
Manfred

manfred heubach edv und neue medien