Transfer file

Rashkae git at meaford.com
Thu Oct 25 21:58:02 GMT 2001

Well, let's see if I can beat the hundreds of other people to answer this
:)

You don't have to do anyhting to transfer the file well. It tranfered
perfectly as is. Unfortunately, Windows Text file format is a little
different from Unix Text File. Each line in a Unix text file ends in LF
Each line in Windows text file ends in LF/CR  The extra CR is displayed as
a ^M character.  If your going to be using the file in Unix, (and only
unix) there are various utilities that will convert dos text files and
back again.. If, however, the file will remain on a Samba share for other
Windows boxes to use, it should be left as is.