Text File Busy, Samba Locking?

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Oct 25 09:04:05 GMT 2001

Hello tyler,
it probably IS an oplock issue; the whole textfile busy thing indicates that
apache thinks the file is still open;
when a windows client gets an oplock on a file when it opens it, I have
observed that the windows client
does NOT send an smbclose on that file, even after the application that had
it open is exited.  So you could
probably resolve this by setting oplocks = no on the share where you are
editing these files with textPad.
Or, if textpad has a unique extention for the files it works on, you could
specify veto oplocks (see man page on
smb.conf for format).... for that extension on that share...
Hope this helps,
Don