mapping at /home level

Maurice Lafleur mlafleur at ux.cegep-heritage.qc.ca
Thu Oct 25 06:57:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

Environment:

Linux RH6.2 Kernel 2.2.18

Samba 2.2.1a

Authentication done by a win2k PDC.

The linux box has a /home main folder where all the users home folders
are kept. The box is part of a domain and is relying on the PDC for
authentication. Users can map (using a right-click on My Netwsork Places
and selecting the appropriate server and share). It works but the mapped
drive points the entire /home folder. Users can only see their own
drive, but the mapping still maps at the /home level. How do I get the
server to map at the /home/username level?

--
MGL