Solaris compiler environment trampled by GNUs

pkg PBE-SIT perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Thu Oct 25 04:48:02 GMT 2001

(short version: I need references for howto setup a compiler environment for
samba/gcc for solaris 2.6)

My poor solaris machine.

I have a sun
- sparc machine with
- solaris 2.6 and a
- binary version of Samba 2.0.7.

I have tried to get a good and thouroghly compiled 2.2.2 version going, but with all
my gazillion attempts at downloading GNU supportfiles, gcc versions (source and
binary), binutils, make-programs and yada yada it fails every time.

Now I have surely messed up all libs and includes and whatnots into oblivion.

My question is therefore:   Where do I find a GNU-bie-fied walkthrough of setting up
a compiler environment (with gcc preferable) for Solaris 2.6?

More specific: where do I find the libraries (supportfiles) to compile the compiler?

Regards
Per Kjetil Grotnes

Note: The binary GCC versions would not compile itself in source.
---
IT-Seksjonen, Plan- og bygningsetaten, Oslo Kommune
Tlf: 22 66 26 61, Fax: 22 66 26 65