Win2K Errors using samba 2.2.2

Mitch McNeel mitchm at mwh.com
Wed Oct 24 16:14:10 GMT 2001

Well,  I configured/compiled/installed the latest CVS version of samba and we still received the
error (on a good note, only one (1) today).  Prior to installing the latest CVS version, we
received multiple errors (same user) and from multiple users.

What we did:

1.) Configured/Compiled/Installed latest version of Samba (2.2.3-pre).
2.) Updated the PC's on-board intel NIC card drivers to the latest version released (5.x intel).
* We saw some improvement after installing the latest drivers for the intel NIC card.

Next step:
1.) Disable the intel on-board NIC and install New 3com NIC cards (to rule out the NIC).
2.) ???.

Jeremy:  Thanks for the help, do you have any other suggestions or solutions I might try?

Thanks,
Mitch

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 12:02:56PM -0700, Mitch McNeel wrote:
> > Thanks....
> >
> > I've installed the latest version of CVS and I'm currently grabbing the SAMBA_2_2 source
> > tree.  Once I've got the latest source, do I just tar ball the samba directory and copy (tar
> > ball) it to my production machine, so that I can configure/compile it (New to this CVS
> > thing)?.
>
> Yes, that works. Just treat it as a tarball with extra "stuff" that
> allows you to keep it up to date as needed :-).
>
> Let me know if this helps fix the problem !
>
> Jeremy.

                        ((~) (~))
                         ( (_) )
                          { ~ }
Mitch McNeel                               # Phone Ext. 2236
Unix Systems Administrator                 # Phone Num. 858-831-2210
Maintenance Warehouse/A Home Depot Company # http://www.mwh.com