optarg undeclared in utils/smbcontrol.c (samba-2.2.2)

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Oct 23 16:02:03 GMT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Andrew J Cole wrote:

> It appears that the extern for optarg has been neglected in some recent
> edits to smbcontrol.c.
>
> Andrew
>
> gcc version 2.8.1 on SunOS 4.1.4

More like braindead SunOS include files.
(incomplete might be a nicer word, but I have some bad childhood memories
 of this ... and optarg wasn't the only thing missing :)

Many other (more current) c libraries define this in their standard
headers, which is probably why it was missed.

I believe the proper procedure is to make a diff -u of what you needed to
change to get all of it to compile and send that to samba-patches. Unless
of course you get feedback from someone with cvs access that they made the
change already.

/Urban