Win2K Errors using samba 2.2.2

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Oct 23 11:10:11 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 10:43:34AM -0700, Mitch McNeel wrote:

> I will have to download the latest version and compile it for an install tonight.
> Unfortunately this is a production machine, which I can not perform the upgrades during
> business hours.  Everything else seems fine (ex: Word, Excel, etc...), as far as I know
> (Users haven't complained).  Just seems to be Netscape Communicator 4.x running on Win2K
> (ONLY) so far.
>
> I notice on the samba.org page that there is this thing called CVS.  Is this different
> from downloading the samba-latest.tar.gz file from the site? If so, then should I being
> using this instead of grabbing the latest tar ball?

Yes, this is different. It is the current source code as being worked on.
Check out the web page cvs.samba.org for details. The branch you need
to check out is SAMBA_2_2.

To get a latest copy use the command :

cvs co -rSAMBA_2_2 samba

once your CVS environment variables are set correctly.

Thanks a *lot*, I appreciate your help on a production
machine.

Jeremy.