Win2K Errors using samba 2.2.2

Mitch McNeel mitchm at mwh.com
Tue Oct 23 10:43:13 GMT 2001

I will have to download the latest version and compile it for an install tonight.
Unfortunately this is a production machine, which I can not perform the upgrades during
business hours.  Everything else seems fine (ex: Word, Excel, etc...), as far as I know
(Users haven't complained).  Just seems to be Netscape Communicator 4.x running on Win2K
(ONLY) so far.

I notice on the samba.org page that there is this thing called CVS.  Is this different
from downloading the samba-latest.tar.gz file from the site? If so, then should I being
using this instead of grabbing the latest tar ball?

Thank You for the Support on this issue.

Mitch

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:52:03AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Mitch McNeel wrote:
> >
> > > Appreciate the reply, I will be working on this issue also...  I will let you know
> > > what I find.
> > >
> > > So far, I think it might be related to a connection time out issue
> > > (can neither confirm nor deny this).  Do you know if there are any
> > > settings within smb.conf, for timing out sessions.  If so, what would
> > > you suggest as a baseline setting.
> >
> > It is much more subtle than this I'm afraid.
> >
> > Jeremy, do you want log files, backtrace, etc...?
>
> I'd feel much happier with the current CVS in place,
> as this uses the generation fileids rather than timestamps
> to track current entries in the tdb.
>
> Any chance we can use current CVS here, as this looks like
> a good chance of tracking down this problem ?
>
> Jeremy.

                        ((~) (~))
                         ( (_) )
                          { ~ }
Mitch McNeel                               # Phone Ext. 2236
Unix Systems Administrator                 # Phone Num. 858-831-2210
Maintenance Warehouse/A Home Depot Company # http://www.mwh.com