Samba as PDC for win2000

Steve Helder sshelder at home.com
Tue Oct 23 06:52:04 GMT 2001

It is hard to find in the documentation but you need to use root as the
username.  In other words create a user via smbpasswd -a root.  For the
password use something different as your linux box's password.

After you do this you should be able to join the domain with this
combination.  It took me well over a month and many frustrating moments
before I found this answer.

Steve Helder