Samba Configuration Problems

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Oct 23 06:51:03 GMT 2001

Hi Vishal,
Looking at your smb.conf file, you are NOT specifying guest ok = no; since
you have a
";" in front of this line, guest ok = yes by default.  and you have set your
guest account
to be 'praveen'.
Also, the reason that your username/password is not working is that with
encrypt passwords=yes, it is expecting to be able to check the password
fields in smbpassword for the user praveen; you have to explicity set this
using smbpasswd praveen
and type in the password you expect to use.
Hope this helps,
Don