Help! Newbie

Howard, Merle mhoward at SELECTICA.com
Tue Oct 23 05:34:02 GMT 2001

Thanks for reading my e-mail.  I am a newbie to Linux and I am running RH
Linux 7.1.  I have installed Samba and I am having a problem trying to get
it configured to be a file server.  I would like to share files with Windows
and Linux boxes.  When I try to connect to the Linux from a Windows box I
get an error:  \\saturn is not accessible.  No service is operating at the
destination network endpoint on the remote system.  Or I get  \\Saturn is
not accessible. The network path is not found. Help!  I can see the Linux
box on the Windows browser list in Windows Exlporer but I can't access it.

Thank you,

Merle Howard