nmbd not starting

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Oct 23 05:00:45 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:44:19PM +0800, Alan Boffey wrote:
> > What do you see with netstat -anp | grep 137 ?
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> >From netstat -an (p option not available under sco) i see the following:
>
> # netstat -an |grep 137
> udp        0      0  *.137                  *.*
> #

This is what I see in linux when I have nmbd running as a stand alone daemon
with netstat -an | grep 137.
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:137             0.0.0.0:*
There seems to be a process listening to port 137. Could that be
your inetd? Just for fun, stop inetd and see if you can start nmbd from the
command line. Or cancel out all references to nmbd in your inetd.conf file
and restart inetd.
Joel