Winbind, RedHat 7.1, Pam 0.74-22 ohh so close to working

Adam Ranville adam at mks.com
Mon Oct 22 10:50:16 GMT 2001

Hello,

	I have gone through the howto provided but I am not yet able to
logon to my linux box using NT4 domain accounts. I can however authenticate
to restricted shares and I can obtain groups and users via "getent" and
"wbinfo -u". All I really need now is a working /etc/pam.d/login. I've tried
examples from the howto as with others from the mailing list but I can not
seem to get the needed results.

This is a redhat 7.1 install with version 2.2.2 of samba( ./configure
--with-winbind --with-pam). I've provided my /etc/pam.d/login below and my
smb.conf.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Adam
/etc/pam.d/login:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so

/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = MKS
server string = hqnis1   ###( not running NIS)###
load printers = yes
printcap name = /etc/printcap
printing = bsd
guest account = nobody
log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = domain
password server = *
encrypt passwords = Yes
update encrypted = Yes
netbios name = hqnis1
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
local master = No
os level = 0
domain master = False
preferred master = False
wins server = 1.0.0.101
dns proxy = no
smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
debug level = 1
name resolve order =  wins host bcast
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000