Just had a really wierd problem

Jon Hoffman hoffmanj at t-com.com
Mon Oct 22 10:44:03 GMT 2001

This is wierd, I have never seen anything like this with Samba before.
There was a directory (lets call it /data1/top dir/bottom dir).  Now I could
not access the bottom dir through samba or linux, but I noticed a number of
smb processes connected to that directory so I tried to kill them and could
not kill any smb related processes.  So then I tried to stop samba through
/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb stop (RH Box) and the smb process would not stop
because it could not kill any of the smb processes.  Has anyone seen
anything like that before?  I ended up rebooting the box and now everything
is happy again but I would like to find a better way to fix that next time.
I am running 2.2.2.
Thanks for any feedback y'all may have

Jon