Locking error - Samba 2.2.2

Wilson defiler at null.net
Mon Oct 22 08:06:04 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org>
To: "Wilson" <defiler at null.net>
Cc: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: Locking error - Samba 2.2.2

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Wilson wrote:
>
> > I stepped back from 2.4.12-ac3+preempt to 2.4.9-ac8, and this problem
> > seems to have gone away. Sometime soon, I'll try 2.4.12-ac3 without
> > preempt, to make sure it isn't some interaction with the preemptible
> > kernel patch.
>
> Hmmm...interesting behavior....
>
> > Just before I stepped back to the older kernel, I started getting happy
fun
> > errors like this:
> > [2001/10/21 18:53:18, 0] lib/fault.c:fault_report(41)
> >   INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 6748 (2.2.2)
> >   Please read the file BUGS.txt in the distribution
> > [2001/10/21 18:53:18, 0] lib/fault.c:fault_report(43)
>
> Yeah.  Something sounds fishy with that kernel patch.  Have you
> search on the linux-kernel list for possible resolutions?

Yup. I'm subscribed there. Nothing has come in about this, but most people
running the preempt patch have it installed on workstations, rather than
servers. I'll have to experiment more before I know what to blame. It might
just be the CFLAGS I used to compile the kernel, and have nothing to do with
any patches.

--Wilson.

They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression.
This was a lie and we could not let them publish it.
-- Nelba Blandon, Nicaraguan Interior Ministry Director of Censorship