virtual host problem - getting closer

Andrew At The Headwaters Andrew at theheadwaters.com
Mon Oct 22 07:56:37 GMT 2001

Thanks for the tips

I've tried running the ./configure --prefix=...
command with no luck - the other suggestion that I run
testparm /usr/home/andrew/usr/local/samba/lib
begins to work, but I get the following error:
Load smb config files from /usr/home/andrew/usr/local/samba/lib
Loaded services file OK.
ERROR: lock directory /usr/local/samba/var/locks does not exist
so now it's looking for the locks directory in the wrong place.

any more suggestions?
thanks in advance.

original resonse:
when yu run testparm don't just say test parm
give the name of the config file to it as argument

testparms confile

and when you start the server , there also give the path of your
config
file
with a -s option.

hitesh