Changing password!

Oliver Six o.six at cahos.net
Mon Oct 22 03:55:03 GMT 2001

"Mark A. Tagliaferro" <be_lak at yahoo.co.uk> wrote on 22.10.2001 11:48:41:

>I'm sending this again because i never got an answer!
>

>Is it possible to change the linux pasword from a windows or dos machine
>connected via samba?
>
>I'm using SuSE 7.1 with Samba v 2.0.7 if it makes any difference.
>
>Mark

Hi Mark,

of course it's possible. See the options "passwd program" and "passwd chat"
for the [global] section. On my SuSE 7.1 the following lines do the trick:

[global]
  passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
  passwd chat = *ew*assword %n\n *ew*assword* %n\n *changed*

Ciao Oliver
--
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and
5% attention to detail.

Oliver Six, CAHOS GmbH, Cimbernstr. 51, Germany 81377 Muenchen, Phone +49
89 71 01 93 40,  Fax +49 89 71 01 93 41