unicode characters

Niclas Domack niclasd at imagenet.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 03:44:09 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've got a problem. I need to read files on a Windows NT box, but the
file and directoriy-names contain special characters so I can't read
them. The special characters include the copyright (c) sign, and the
"dot" (ascii 007 ?) used by Macintosh clients. I've tried both mounting
the filesystem and using smbclient. I realize that "character set" and
"client code page" deals with these kind of issues when having clients
writing files onto a samba server, but what parameters does the same
when connecting to a windows share using samba? Thanks very much for any
help!

Kind regards,
Niclas Domack

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp