Printing Support in Samba 2.2.x

Ing. Vladislav Krahulec krahulec at excon.cz
Mon Oct 22 02:48:33 GMT 2001

I am able to upload printer drivers for using them in Windows NT 4.0
Workstation. It works very good but until restart linux with Samba 2.2.x (I
have tried 2.2.0, 2.2.0a, 2.2.1 and today also 2.2.2):

- I set the printer driver according to item 6.2.2 in "Samba Project
documentation"
- it works, users can download printer driver with only user privilegs and
use them
- I can restart smbd and nmbd and downloading of printer drivers still works
- But when I restart whole server, information about printer driver in
properties of print share is lost (I can fill up parameter PRINTER DRIVER,
but information about printer driver files are lost also).

Maybe there is some other necessary daemon, which is needed for saving
informations about printer driver and its files (or some special parameter
setting)

Thank you

Vladislav Krahulec

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 1.223.14.2 (1.223.14.2)
# Date: 2001/10/22 11:41:12

# Global parameters
[global]
 client code page = 852
 workgroup = EXCON
 security = SHARE
 printer admin = nobody
 printing = lprng

[print$]
 path = /usr/local/samba/printers
 read only = No
 guest ok = Yes

[In]
 comment = Free space
 path = /tmp
 read only = No
 create mask = 0600
 guest ok = Yes

[Pavel]
 path = /usr/local/httpd/htdocs
 guest account = www
 read only = No
 create mask = 0644
 guest ok = Yes

[linprt]
 comment = HP DeskJet via Samba & JetDirect
 path = /tmp
 guest ok = Yes
 printable = Yes