Bulding Samba 2.2.2 with ACL Support

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Oct 22 01:17:02 GMT 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Manfred Heubach wrote:

> Hello out there,
>
> I've got a problem building Samba on a SuSE 7.2 machine. I use kernel
> 2.4.10 patched for ACL support. ACLs are working fine and acl.h and
> capabilities.h are in /us	r/include/sys.

Unless you need other feature in 2.4.x I recomend you use 2.2.19 instead.
It has ACL support (and 16-bit Quota [v1])  It's working here for my
production system.

> When I run configure --with-acl-support the script always tells me there is
> no ACL support. The lines "checking for sys/capabilities.h" and "checking
> for sys/acl.h" answer no.

Make sure you definatly have:
/usr/include/acl
/usr/include/sys/acl.h
/usr/lib/libacl.a

If any of those files are missing then ACL support wont work.  I can mail you
some SRPM's for 0.7.16.  They were built under RedHat 6.2 (rpm 4) but they
should still work under suse.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein