samba 2.2.1a- URGENT HELP NEEDED

bdlug zaman bdlug at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 20 22:51:02 GMT 2001

Thanks for quick help.
I will try unpacking on /usr/local(don't think at begining there is
sambafolder).but unpacking samba-latest.tar.gz(my one little old)have
created a new folder samba2.2.1a and rest of other folder underneath ....is
that alright?

anyway I try installing on root. it works in funnyway.
I successfully execute smbstatus and smbclient but it shows

samba 2.0.7 (where is my 2.2.1a)

FINALLY IS IT PERFECT TO INSTALL RH.7.1 SMB SERVER UNCHECKED THEN COPY
SAMBA-latest.tar.gz in to usr/local and start installing..........????