Problems with Samba 2.2.2

Jonathan Voss endemic at face-down.net
Sat Oct 20 19:12:02 GMT 2001

I'm currently running Samba 2.2.2 on SuSE 7.2 professional and I have had problems when I try to use samba as a PDC for a Windows 2k domain. Everything seems fine on the server side but when I try to join the Win 2k box to the domain I recieve an error like:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "V":

The specified user does not exist.

I have added the username both to linux and using smbpasswd so I am rather quite confused. I'm thinking its somthing stupid i'm not doing but it seems like i've tried everything, with adding the user "vossj" to smbpasswd and linux, I have enabled that user. Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your time and software. Despite some minor problmes we all have we do very much appreciate what you have done!

Jonathan Voss
endemic at face-down.net