Linux Samba Client access to Samba Share

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Oct 20 06:41:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Bruce Best (CRO) wrote:

> The Samba server appears to be completely indiscriminate for Windows
> clients; it doesn't seem to care who you are, but gives access anyway.

You need to check which samba tool it is using to connect, and then what
the options are.

One bug I know of is that smbmount sometimes fails to do the right thing
for 'guest' users. Upgrade to 2.2.2 on the client for a fix. smbclient
does not have that bug.

But you should use NFS (or some other fs designed with unix in mind)
between 2 unix boxes ...

/Urban