samba and win2k: account is not authorized to log in from this stataion.

Clifton Yuen cyuen at logicvision.com
Fri Oct 19 14:25:04 GMT 2001

Dear Samba Experts,

I am new to samba so if this is a stupid question, please...forgive me,
but I really need some help.

I have installed samba on solaris 2.7 machine which is in part of a NIS
domain. Samba installed successfully and smbd and nmdb are started ok.
I have created the smb.conf under /opt/samba/lib. The config file looks
like this:
[global]
        workgroup = US
        log file = /opt/samba/var/log.%m
        log level= 3

[homes]
        guest ok = no
        read only = no

Whenever I try to connect from any windows 2000 clients, i got the
following error right away:
\\suns1 is not accessible
The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

We have a NIS domain on the Unix Side and a Window 2000 domain in PC
side. I have been reading back and forth the samba faq and O're??? Using
Samba book. Could not understand what is going on? Any suggestion is
greatly appreciated.

Please help.

Clifton Yuen
Email: cyuen at logicvision.com