share name doesn't appear

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Oct 19 06:04:08 GMT 2001

Hi Hitesh;
net view \\server <file://\\server>  actually makes a connection WITH the
samba server, and requests a netsharenum to get the list of shares on the
server, so if you can see it with smbclient -L servername, I would expect
net view \\servername <file://\\servername>  to work as well.
Can you send sample output of what you get with smbclient -L servername, and
output of net view \\servername <file://\\servername>  from your client, AND
the os of your client (win2k, win95, winnt, whatever)?  Also a copy of your
smb.conf file would be helpful...
Thanks,
Don