samba tries to access /root/tmp?

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Oct 18 13:21:05 GMT 2001

Hi Bill,
There is an environment variable you can set to take care of this;
"TMPDIR".  Samba uses a tmpdir() internally. I have seen this before, and I
think that Mandrake sets this to the /username/tmp  directory.  so since you
start samba as root,
you get /root/tmp....  If this environment variable is undefined, samba
defaults to
/tmp instead.
So you can either set the TMPDIR environment variable to some other
directory you don't
mind have wide open permissions, or undef TMPDIR for root and let it default
to /tmp
instead...
Hope this helps,
Don