samba tries to access /root/tmp?

wmoran at mail.the-i-pa.com wmoran at mail.the-i-pa.com
Thu Oct 18 12:54:03 GMT 2001

Samba 2.0.7 installed from a Mandrake provided rpm insists on accessing
/root/tmp for some reason.  I don't know why (for there's no reference
to /root/tmp in the smb.conf file) but it doesn't work properly unless
everyone has full rights to /root/tmp.
I'm assuming that this is a problem specific to the Mandrake rpm, since
I have samba installed elsewhere without this problem.
Anyone know what's going on with this?  I assume that I should just find
another rpm and install it, but I wanted to see if anyone was familiar
with this before doing so ... in actuality, I'll probably install a
2.2.2 rpm later ... but I don't want to if this is a consistent weirdness
in the Mandrake rpms.

TIA,
Bill