Samba/nmbd on strange-sized subnets

Michael Hicks mhicks at csom.umn.edu
Thu Oct 18 09:10:11 GMT 2001

Here where I work, we have a strange-sized subnet of a class B network.
The netmask is 255.255.248.0 (/21 shorthand).  This seems to not mesh well
with Samba.  nmbd seems to only want to listen either to the bigger class B
network, or the single IP address that the ethernet card is allocated.

I've tried setting the `interfaces' parameter in smb.conf and enabling
`bind interfaces only', to no real effect..

Any suggestions?  Is this a bug?

By the way, this is running on Solaris 8.

--
        Mike Hicks   [mailto:mhicks at csom.umn.edu]
   Unix Support Assistant    | Carlson School of Management