(fwd from s7master@kiwibox.com) help me please (samba)

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Oct 17 17:05:04 GMT 2001

----- Forwarded message from Taylor K <s7master at kiwibox.com> -----

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:45:15 -0700
From: "Taylor K" <s7master at kiwibox.com>
To: support at samba.org
Cc: support at samba.net
Subject: help me please (samba)

thanks for reading this.
 I am trying to install a samba server and I was told you could help.
 If not try to tell me sombody who can. Ok here is the problem I have
 just bought a new 60 gig hard drive it works great. I formatted it
 in fat32 and at the termanal and telenet it works. When I try to
 write a file to it through samba it just says "Access denied" and I
 know that i set up the smb.conf file up right and mounted it right
 here is what i did:
  mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/c

  then I added this to the smb.conf file:
  [c]
   comment = thirtygigone
   path = /mnt/c/
   guest ok = yes
   writable = yes
   public = yes
   read only = no

 I did the exact same thing with makeing the /tmp directory except
 path which was changed to /tmp and this works
        SO WHAT IS UP WITH THIS???
thanks please help me

the coolest site for teens by teens!

----- End forwarded message -----