samba and win2000 pro

Jason Parker jasonp at powerdown.com.au
Wed Oct 17 15:20:08 GMT 2001

Dear Sir/madam,

we have been told to contact you as the last resort to help solve our problem.

we have recently installed win2000pro on our companies workstations and also run a Linux 5.2 server which is accessed through accuterm97 on these win2000 workstations.
the problem we are having is printing to these win2000 workstations through linux, nothing prints at all through these printers.
we have told our linux experts about this problem and they advise us its something to do with the version of samba conflicting with win2000pro?
could you please advise if there is some kind of update or fix we can install, etc to get us online again.

this information would be greatly appreciated

regards,

Jason Parker
Draughtsman Technical Assistant
Powerdown Australia Pty Ltd