%U in share name

Todd Pfaff pfaff at edge.cis.mcmaster.ca
Wed Oct 17 11:25:16 GMT 2001

Jerry,

Try the %U in the profile share name (ie. the login path parent share).
If I make the share browseable=yes I am able to see it once the user has
logged in.

I have resorted to using a static share name for now, like you do in your
test below, but with a dynamic path.  This work's fine but I would still
like to be able to use the [nt-%U] share name as I did before.

[global]
logon path = \\mmri1001\Profile Parent Directory\NTProfile

[Profile Parent Directory]
comment = NT profile root directory
path = /home/%U
browseable = no
writeable = yes
nt acl support = no
preexec = /usr/local/samba/bin/create-profile %U %G %P/NTProfile %a %h %m

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \