home files...

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Wed Oct 17 09:10:05 GMT 2001

Hello all,
I have an odd thing happening. I recently switched a RH7.1 samba print
server with CUPS over to a Mandrake 8.1 samba print server with CUPS, both
running 2.2.1a. The way I had the Redhat system setup, it created a dir in
/home for each user that logged in to use the print server. It also started
up smbd for each user logged in. When I installed Mandrake, I copied the
smb.conf file to it, due to the hours I had in it tweaking for the network
etc. Now the print server does not do this. It does not add a user, and the
smbd that starts is owned by root, then changes to nobody. This is not
necessarily a problem, but me being the freak that I am would like to know
what caused this to happen, and how I might replicate it elsewhere.
Thanks for the time!!

[global]
      ;debug = 3
      use client driver = Yes
      wins server = XXXXXX
      domain master = False
      add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd %u -g smbuser
      announce version = 5.0
      printing = cups
      dns proxy = No
      encrypt passwords = Yes
      socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDWLAY
SO_RCVBUF=32768 SO_SNDBUF=32768
      max log size = 50
      preferred master = False
      deadtime = 10
      interfaces = eth0
      password server = XXXXXXX
      delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
      security = SERVER
      server string = Samba Server
      workgroup = XXX
      log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m