samba --help

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Oct 17 05:45:03 GMT 2001

Hi Ashok,
That's a problem.  the '0740' will prevent the users from
editing each other's files, but the ability to DELETE files
from a directory is governed not by the FILE permissions, but
the DIRECTORY permissions.  So if a user can CREATE a file in
a directory, he can also DELETE a file in that same directory,
regardless of the ownership of the file itself.

Anybody out there on the list got an idea for getting around this?

Don