large files

Ivan Fernandez ivan at vyb.com
Wed Oct 17 02:11:05 GMT 2001

I'm reposting this problem (perhaps a bug) now I've got more information on
it. This is another point of view of the situation and I hope someone could
have run into the same trouble before (and solved it :-))

This is it:

	* with ntbackup 2000 I create a 22Gb .bkf file in the windows machine.

	* I can copy that file over a samba share and get correct info form the
file in windows explorer.

	* ls -l also returns correct info, *WHILE* stat, mc, and other programs
raise up with an error regarding a value too high for defined data type.

	* If I try to create the file with ntbackup directly over the share, it
gets downsized to 0 bytes and grows slowly while ntbackup dies when the file
crosses the 4 Gb (exactly) size.

	*I have compiled myself version 2.2.2 of samba and, surprisingly, the 4Gb
"limit" situation described above was taken down to 2 Gb exactly.

Any idea on what's happening, please??

Thanks all for reading (and more more thanks if someone responds!)