Solaris 8 and Samba 2.2.2 winbind make problems

Kees Damen kees.damen at bronswerk.nl
Wed Oct 17 02:05:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have just downloaded 2.2.2 for our Solaris 8 server and after
a "./configure" with no command line options and "make" i get
the following warnings and errors. I am using the "Sun cc compiler
version 4.2" and standard Sun make and ld utilities.

Compiling nsswitch/winbindd_util.c
"nsswitch/winbindd_util.c", line 628: warning: argument #6 is
incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to pointer to uint : "include/proto.h", line
1713
        argument : pointer to pointer to enum SID_NAME_USE
{SID_NAME_UNKNOWN(8),         SID_NAME_INVALID(7), SID_NAME_DELETED(6),
SID_NAME_WKN_GRP(5),...
"nsswitch/winbindd_util.c", line 837: warning: syntax error:  empty
declaration

Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss.c with -KPIC
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 377: warning: argument #4 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 116
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 428: warning: argument #4 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 116
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 441: warning: argument #4 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 116
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 491: warning: argument #4 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 116
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 504: warning: argument #4 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 116
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 630: warning: argument #5 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 192
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 691: warning: argument #5 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 192
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 705: warning: argument #5 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 192
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 755: warning: argument #5 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 192
        argument : pointer to uint
"nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 769: warning: argument #5 is incompatible
with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to int : "nsswitch/winbind_nss.c", line 192
        argument : pointer to uint
Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible
ld: fatal: Flags processing errors
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so'
Exit 1

After these warning/errors i have switched off winbind in ./configure
and then i get a make without errors. For as far as i understand this
new winbind functionality, it is not essential for our network as our
solaris server has all the user and group names.

A question: can the Unix telnet and ftp servises use winbind for
            getting user and group names if you have an empty
            /etc/passwd file?

Our company is very pleased with the Samba software and is using it
now for years. I hope this can improve your new winbind code.

Regards, Kees Damen
--
BR O N S W E R K   H E A T   T R A N S F E R   B V
Stationsweg 22

Direct	: (+31)33-24 72 517
Tel.	: (+31)33-24 72 500
Fax.	: (+31)33-24 52 338