SAMBA false start

Andres Montiel andoymail at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 21:01:02 GMT 2001

I have recently resurrected an old Pentium 133. I installed RH 6.2 on it
to make it a simple back-up file server via Samba. However, I have
problems starting Samba. I type smb start on the console and it shows
that Samba starts (smbd start      [OK]         nmbd start         [OK];
or something very similar to that message). Yet when I type smb status,
the message is   smbd is stopped         nmbd is stopped.

I would appreciate any type of suggestion you might give.

Thanks!  [:)]