IRIX password sync timeout

Bill Jones bjones at bryant.edu
Tue Oct 16 10:39:35 GMT 2001

I've been trying to get Unix password synchronization working with the Samba
to no avail.  I've testing it on Solaris and it
works fine.  What appears to happen is a timeout when trying to sync the
Unix password.  I've including the output from smbpasswd with debug on , and
the log file for the password change, and a snipet of my smb.conf.

I'm looking for any clues on how to fix this.  The version I'm running is
from the Samba ftp site, version 2.2.2.  It's from the
Binary Packages subdirectory.  I've tried similar versions with the same
result.

Thanks in advance...