Request for Tech Support

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Oct 16 06:43:04 GMT 2001

Almost forgot...

There is also a known problem with the initial SWAT config on Redhat 7.0 + -
you need to enable it in xinetd:

Place the following (JUST the text that is between the asterisk lines, NOT
the asterisk lines themselves) in a text file named swat in the
/etc/xinetd.d directory:

****************** swat text file *****************
# default: off
#	       to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#	       connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
	port = 901
	socket_type = stream
	wait = no
	#only_from = localhost
	user = root
	server = /usr/sbin/swat
	log_on_failure += USERID
	#disable = yes
}

Make sure it is owned by root, and chmod it to 644.  Then you need to make
sure it is being started by xinet - do:

chkconfig --list

The last entries are for xinetd - make sure swat is on.  If not, do:

chkconfig swat on

restart xinetd:

service xinetd restart

That should get swat going.