help pls!

Chris Ditri chrisd at better-investing.org
Tue Oct 16 06:25:03 GMT 2001

Joe,

Is nmbd running?
That is what communicates to the network that your machine is there.

What is in your /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny?  If those are empty,
I should think that you don't need to worry about tcp wrappers.

Also, I don't think you can use "net view" with a share, try using: net
view \\bigserver.

I think a little more info about your OS and samba version might help too!

Chris