Problems displaying large files on

Dragos dragos.delcea at farmexim.ro
Tue Oct 16 00:44:03 GMT 2001

you seem to have quite a problem here...I'm out of my knowledge.
I thought it was related to stat, I had some problems on a server with it, bu
it wasn't a samba server.
just a thought: be sure that you haven't an older version of stat on the
system, like you have it in your path as root, and samba finds in it's path
something else...
also, take a look at the logs while you're browsing the share, the message
can't stat blahblah... shouldn't appear anymore
also, see the output from ./configure I get on samba 2.2.2 sources:
checking checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
verify yours (it's about the end, before generating makefiles)

good luck
dragos