Unix permissions not blocking access on samba shared drive

Ries van twisk rvt at dds.nl
Mon Oct 15 22:26:02 GMT 2001

>     directory mode = 0777
>     create mode = 0777

Samba will create the file word read/write/executable. Possible you need
to set it like this:
     directory mode = 0600
     create mode = 0600

Whenever a file or directory is written it's created with user RW
permissions and that's it. You can change it to 0660 to give RW group
access aswell

In your case a file will be created with all access permissions for
group, user and everyone else (0777) which is a bad idea.

Ries