read only in Win2k

Rory O'Connor midget at elaris.com
Mon Oct 15 13:57:06 GMT 2001

I finally got access to the share on my linux box (debian 2.2 r3 running
samba 2.0.7), on my win2k box, but it appears I can only read files.  I'm
accessing linux with the proper username/password and all the files/dirs in
the share are owned by that user so I can't figure it out.

Also, I can only see the box when the security is at SHARE level - which
ain't the best.  For some reason i simply cannot access the box from win2k
when samba is set to USER level security.

any help is appreciated!

cheers,

rory