Implications of 2.2.2 rpm

Engstrom_Carl at emc.com Engstrom_Carl at emc.com
Mon Oct 15 13:17:04 GMT 2001

I'm trying to workout a fix for some XP issues that I'm having with the
2.2.0 rpm in redhat 7.0.  What I'm wondering is...can I use the 2.2.2 rpm
that was built for 7.1?  would it work? would I be in for even bigger
issues?

Current issues;

1) wIndows XP Win2K support
	a)error joining domain

The computer could not be joined to the doamin because the following error
has occured:
the account used is a computer account.  Use your global user account or
local user account to access this server.

2) smbadduser went away when I upgraded to 2.2.0 rpm and I can't seem to get
it back.

3) samba is showing continuous logs on my linux terminal (verbose logging?)
I get notices of WINS requests etc...that I never used to get on the screen.

thanks

Carl Engstrom

"He who has not first laid his foundations, may with great ability, lay them
afterwards, but they will be laid with trouble to the architect and a danger
to the building."
				- Machiavelli