Samba 2.2.2

Ian Cooper ian at WPI.EDU
Mon Oct 15 10:39:06 GMT 2001

Generally, cpp is not a C compilier, it is the C pre-processor.  You need
to go back to the Mandrake installation CDs or FTP site and get the
gcc-related packages.  GCC is the most common C compiler for Linux.

You can find the RPM packages here:

  http://jungle.metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake/
    Mandrake/8.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/

I would suggest getting all of the gcc-*-2.96-*.rpm files, although you
could omit the *-g77-* (fortran), *-java-* (Java), and *-objc-*
(Objective-C) packages.

Install the packages with:

    rpm -Uvh <package>.rpm

Hope this helps.