Samba 2.2.2

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Mon Oct 15 10:15:06 GMT 2001

If you have the ability to log in as root, one way to check this is:

Login (or su) as root, do an "rpm -q gcc" to see if gcc is installed.
If so type, "which cc" at the prompt.  Then log in as the user you are
trying to compile as and type "which" cc.  If cc doesn't come up in the
list, make sure the directory containing cc when you were logged in as
root is in your PATH.

Chris Tooley