SOS... Interesting SAMBA problem :-(

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Oct 15 08:32:20 GMT 2001

Hi Jesse,
You probably want to send your query to the samba lists instead of me
directly; I am not familiar with the mandrake platform.
However, just looking at the log.smbd  you sent, I can see that there are no
entries that indicate that the samba server even
SAW or tried to process an smb sessionsetup&X for the stations (S12,etc)
that I see in the log.nmbd.  This COULD have to
do with the fact that you have two different interfaces on that machine on
the SAME subnet; 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2;
this could be confusing samba in terms of not knowing which interface to
respond to a broadcast (like an name registration
request), so a broadcast could come in on one interface, but be responded to
on the other interface, and not be recieved
by the station that made the request.
I suggest trying the following:

interfaces = 192.168.0.1
bind interfaces only = yes

and restart samba, and see if this helps  (or try the other one,
192.168.0.2).  This will force samba to listen and respond thru
ONLY the one interface on that subnet.

Hope this helps,
Don