URGENT: Problem with credentials

Agustin Quintana ALfonso agustin at cma.ulpgc.es
Mon Oct 15 02:16:08 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

We have a Samba server ( Version 1.9.16p11) in a Sun OS 4.1.4 machine. We
can connect from WinNT and Win2000 to the share "home" with different
users accounts. In the log file appears:

However, we have installed samba 2.2.1a in a Solaris 2.6 server and when
we want connect like different users to the share "home" we obtain the
following message:
" The credentials supplied conflict with the existing
credentials "

There are same messages in the list that say the problem is the client
(WinNT, Win2000), but it WORKS with the old version of Samba.

If you can suggest anything in it. It would be wonderful

 Agustín Quintana Alfonso                 E-mail: agustin at cma.ulpgc.es
 Univ. de Las Palmas de G.C.
 Instituto Universitario de Microelectronica Aplicada
 Campus Universitario de Tafira    Tel.: +34 928 451229
 35017 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria  Fax:  +34 928 451243
 Canary Islands. SPAIN